Monday, August 27, 2007

San DieGO - Good bye America

I leave tomorrow morning at 9 am from San Diego, California (where i am now) for a shuttle to Ensenada, Mexico to board the ship that will carry me around the world. My first port is Honolulu, Hawaii where I will be a week from now on September 2. I am very excited and i look forward to sending many messages explaining my adventures abroad. feel free to send me letters as that will probably be your easiest way to communicate with me other than email. Please pray for the safety of the students, faculty, and crew of the MV Explorer , which is the ship responsible for Semester at Sea.

This is the strangest mix of emotions i have ever felt - i actually had this strange break down earlier in which I explained to Tyson (my boyfriend, for those of you that don't know) that, for the first time in my life, people that I love and will need won't be right there - it is so strange and sad. But this sadness is mixed with anxiety and excitement and the feeling of adventure and i don't know what I will experience next - i love it !!

San Diego has been awesome. Tyson and i have gotten to spend several days here exploring together and have had the chance to spend some much needed time together. Also, I road the trolley for the first time, which was a really neat experience. I used several forms of public transportation, actually and we did quite well catching buses and travelling around town. We went to the zoo. We watched the sun set on the Pacific ocean, twice! We ate at this little part of town called Little Italy and it was Amazing!!! This has been an awesome beginning to what I hope will be an even more awesome trip !!! Thanks Tyson - for being here with me and making me feel safe in a new place- i can't wait for Thailand! :)

Last sunday - a week ago today - my youth had this awesome going away party for me - it was incredible!!! They had this super cake and a really beautiful scrapbook and all the youth and my family - it was awesome!!! It was a great ending to a great summer and i thank yall for it !! I love yall soooo much and i will miss you !!

For everyone else - i love you and will miss you!! I hope that you will pray for me and think of me, maybe even send me letters. I will update this blog as frequently as i can with details of my adventures!

God Bless!!

No comments: